New York Cares provides a lifeline of support to our city's most vulnerable residents by mobilizing 65,000 volunteers every year.
The candidate will be working with a team of dedicated professionals including a UX lead, Salesforce administrator, and IT manager in the Technology Department as well as a graphic designer, social media and content strategist in our Communications department. The Director of Technology will also collaborate with the candidate on writing code, testing, and discussing solutions.
The candidate will be responsible for leading the development and technical maintenance of the public facing website, currently built on Drupal 7 and Salesforce. Some of the key projects, in addition to troubleshooting and smaller projects, will be a migration to Drupal 8 and creation of a UI pattern library. These projects may require collaboration with external developers.
Skills and responsibilities
- Architecting and implementing technical solutions in a Drupal/Salesforce.com environment to aid in the continued growth and success of New York Cares. Including:
- Using both point-and-click configuration and efficient, testable custom code to meet functional requirements.
- Managing module updates, security updates, and upgrades.
- Refactoring code to improve performance and sustainability. o Developing unit tests and functional tests.
- Documenting code and architecture choices.
- Collaborating with external developers for larger projects.
- Assisting with quality assurance testing prior to new feature rollout, bug fixes, or major launches.
- Documenting key procedures and maintaining a record of all development change requests and completed changes.
- Serving as first contact for staff technology support needs relating to web development and web infrastructure.
- Participating in Disaster Recovery and System Continuity planning, implementation, and testing.
- Open-source community contributions are encouraged and will be supported with some on-the-job time.
New York,NYPrimarily on site at Financial District offices.
$90,000.00-$100,000.00yearly, Includes generous health and dental insurance plans with HSA, retirement plan, transit benefit, smart casual dress code and more.
- Deadline: n/a
- 3+ years of web developer experience
- Experience with inheriting and upgrading older code bases
- Experience with open-source CMS platforms
- Curiosity and an eye for developing resilient systems
- Effective planning and project management skills
- PHP and/or Java
- Drupal 7/8 module and theme development
- Salesforce or other CRM
- HTML, CSS/SASS/LESS
- Apache Solr
- Acquia platform
- Automated testing tools
- Familiarity with UX best practices