Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Special Olympics to the DNC, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.
Our team is a mix of presidential campaign veterans, agency creatives, non-profit advocates, and tech experts—at the top of our game and (we’re told) really nice people to boot! We're proud of our balanced culture, informal team lunches, catered tech talks, and game nights. We hope you'll come fall in love with it yourself.
Blue State Digital is looking for a skilled SDET with experience working on an enterprise Software as a Service product. In this role, you will focus on writing test automation for complex user interfaces and RESTful web services alongside other Quality Engineers, Software Engineers, and our Product team. You’ll also be a participant in the full development lifecycle, with responsibilities that include crafting test strategies for one or more applications and services, risk identification and mitigation, and logging and verifying bugs. Your work will focus on the BSD Tools, our community mobilization and fundraising platform that powers presidential campaigns, enterprise nonprofits, disaster response, and global brands. You’ll be part of a small, cross-functional team testing a platform that helps hundreds of organizations grow impactful digital programs.
Skills and responsibilities
- Work on our BSD Tools SaaS platform across teams in both NY and Boston, thoroughly planning and testing the functionality, interface, and underpinning technologies of our product.
- Design and test software on a cross-functional team that embraces short feedback loops, frequent release cycles and open communication. Shape the end-to-end design of new systems.
- Work closely with our product team to plan new features and products.
- Actively communicate with project managers and other stakeholders throughout the course of a project.
- Participate early in the software planning lifecycle by contributing to and reviewing all pertinent information about the project including requirements, user stories, technical design documentation, design and UX comps.
- Create and maintain detailed test strategies, test plans, and test cases by working closely with members of the Product and Software Engineering teams.
- Prioritize tasks in the testing strategy by identifying risks, performing an impact analysis, and crafting a mitigation plan.
- Work alongside SDETs to help define parameters with which our automation suite will be built.
- Provide clear and complete testing updates including status, bug reporting, and tracking to the team.
New York City,NY
- 3+ years of professional experience in a Quality Assurance role at a digital startup or SaaS company, with a focus on automation
- Writing test automation for RESTful web services
- Working with the Selenium automation tool to test web based user interfaces
- Familiarity with Behavior Driven Development tools such as Cucumber and Behave
- Working with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgresQL
- Working with continuous integration & delivery tools such as Github, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS CodePipeline
- Working with project management and bug tracking software such as Jira or Zephyr
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change, including comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at BSD