The City of San José is creating the civic technology foundation that helps our community thrive!
As the Capital of Silicon Valley and 10th largest city in the nation, the City of San José manages a large array of services and assets. The City operates a budget of $3.7+ billion, 6,000+ employees, and serves 1+ million residents and businesses across 180 sq. miles.
We aspire to be as innovative as the community we serve.
The Information Technology Department (IT) aims to provide meaningful impact through smart uses of technology in service to our employees and community. IT enables vital services through business solutions, cybersecurity, productivity and collaboration tools, and the Customer Contact Center, powered by a robust infrastructure of an expansive municipal area network, compute and storage. IT provides citywide strategic planning, enterprise architecture, product-portfolio management, and IT fiscal services.
Come join us realize San José’s Smart City Vision!
The City of San José, Information Technology Department, seeks a SharePoint Product Manager. This senior technical manager is responsible for leading City-wide services that provide enterprise content management, records retention, and collaboration tools. The ideal candidate possesses strong technical experience facilitating SharePoint deployment at an enterprise level.
Skills and responsibilities
- Develop strategy, roadmap, feature definition, and then deployment for a City-wide Enterprise Content Management and Records Management solution.
- Lead functional migration and modernization of SharePoint solutions.
- Document, socialize, and triage issues and defects.
- Drive user adoption and sustainability for SharePoint, O365, and OneDrive.
- Close the product learning loop by actively gathering customer feedback, usage and needs and adding them to a prioritized product backlog so that the product delivers the highest business value possible
- Plan and manage rollout and adoption strategies
Education and Experience
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field AND five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional/ level experience. in computer applications, systems, networks, or telecommunications work, of which at least two (2) years include responsibility in the development, implementation, and maintenance of electronic business systems/solutions, or application development and/or support.
Additional years of increasingly responsible directly related work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis up to two (2) years. Completion of a Master's Degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required two (2) years of experience in the development, implementation, and maintenance of electronic business systems/solutions, or application development and/or support.
Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will NOT sponsor, represent or sign any documents related to visa applications/transfers for H1-B or any other type of visa which requires an employer application.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for these positions may include:
Job Expertise – demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices.
- Three or more years of experience leading Enterprise Content Management deployments on SharePoint.
- Advanced knowledge and experience managing SharePoint as an Intranet, ECM/DM and collaboration platform.
- Deep technical and architectural understanding of administrative and functional capabilities of SharePoint 2007-2016, and SharePoint Online.
- Demonstrate ability to stay current with Application Architecture best practices, existing and emerging technology platforms, architectural and systems engineering industry trends.
- Ability to successfully work on and deliver multiple projects simultaneously, either independently or within a small team.
Project Management - Experience managing enterprise projects including project review, develop technical project plan, assign resources, and schedule of deliverables.
Leadership - Promotes a cooperative work environment by acting as a coach and mentor by inspiring and motivating others. Leads by example and serves as an appropriate role model.
Analytical Thinking - Approaches a problem or situation by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
Change Management - Demonstrates support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Problem Solving - Approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; determines the significance of problem; collects information; uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
7. Communication Skills - Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.