American Progress has an immediate opening for an IT Manager. This position will oversee the day-to-day tasks of the five members of the Desktop Support and Operations teams, supporting American Progress’ technology infrastructure and day-to-day customer support and service. The IT Manager will interact with internal clients at all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and supply services and solutions in a manner that meets the department’s service-level agreements. The IT Manager will report to and work directly with the Director of Technology and Security to identify and implement improvements in all areas of responsibility.
This is a technical manager role; qualified individuals should have hands-on experience with and a solid understanding of advanced network concepts, Windows Server environments (2012 and later), Microsoft Office 365 and Azure, Amazon Web Services, and other cloud-based technologies.
- Reports to: Director, Technology and Security
- Staff reporting to this position: Desktop Support Specialist
- Department: Technology
- Position classification: Exempt, full time
Skills and responsibilities
- Assure users are provided with efficient and prompt support, which requires helping with any task assigned to the Desktop Support and Operations teams.
- Coordinate staff scheduling to ensure support coverage during normal business hours and after-hours on-call support as needed.
- Manage the performance—including evaluations, promotions, hiring, and disciplinary responsibilities—of the Desktop Support and Operations teams.
- Solve problems and make daily decisions related to the Desktop Support and Operations teams’ responsibilities.
- Contribute actively and creatively to the growth and advancement of the team.
- Manage multiple projects to ensure that deliverables and milestones are reached by the team.
- Use metrics, analysis, and report generation to manage the team.
- Develop and document new and existing procedures or processes that will result in improvements and document existing procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all information technology processes and policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
Requirements and qualifications:
- Experience supporting users of Windows and Mac computers in a Windows network infrastructure for a medium-sized corporate environment.
- Knowledge of IT management and monitoring solutions such as Kaseya, Intune, or similar tools.
- You must enjoy working with others and collaborating with various stakeholders.
- At least one year of management experience in a technology customer support or customer service environment.
- Confident and professional manner when dealing with peers and organizational personnel at all levels.
- The ability to effectively communicate complex topics and procedures with team members and all other organizational personnel.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, and focus.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills when faced with multiple projects; formal project management knowledge or certification is a plus.
- The ability to work independently and with minimal direct supervision.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in administering mission-critical systems in a production environment.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.