Voltus creates virtual power plants that meet the world’s changing energy needs, while using less energy. This will help the US move to a greener, more sustainable grid. We create the digital infrastructure that helps manage, measure, and pay our customers to use less energy.
You will report into the engineering org, and report to the lead of our full stack Applications team. This is our first full time design position. Day to day you'll work closely with the engineers on the Application team, as well as product managers, and our customer success team. There are four people on the Applications team and twelve people on the whole engineering team. Most recently we just finished an updated dashboard that lets our customer track how much they have earned using less energy.
At Voltus you will design products and features that help our team of energy experts manage complex distributed resources in wholesale energy markets. You will also work on customer facing apps that make our customers’ lives easier while they get paid for using less energy.
Skills and responsibilities
What you will do
- Design features and products for our growing energy toolset, using layout, hierarchy, UX best practices
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Product teams, as well as other stakeholders
- Facilitate discussion around your work and communicate purpose of design decisions throughout product development lifecycle
- Verify and improve on designs through reviews, validations, and formal usability testing with end users.
- Participate in user research
What is important to us
- Self initiated and curious, someone who is always looking for ways to improve our products and design workflow.
- Experience creating and shipping new products as well as refining existing products
- Can work independently and thoughtfully allocate time among projects
- Communicates well with others, especially important in a remote team
- Interested in building positive and welcoming team culture
- Cares about the environmental impact of reduced energy use
- Interested in learning more about the energy industry
- Experience working in an agile, team environment
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
3 years of experience with UI/UX or Product Design