Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors, and employees and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As a Truss Product Manager you will facilitate bringing our values to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 - we’re experiencing it, too. There are two things we want you to know when it comes to hiring. First, we’re financially stable. We have a variety of well-established government contracts that we expect to continue over the next few years. Also, we’re winning new work, and we have a robust rainy day fund. Second, during video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little...harried. It’s OK if you are, too - we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **
* This position will be open to applications until 9am Pacific, Monday 02/22/2021.
We are seeking leaders to have a significant impact on the services offered by the government to US citizens. This position is a level 4 Senior Product Manager as described in our leveling guide. A position with Truss will allow you to continuously enrich your skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people. As a company, Truss advocates for a healthy work/life balance.
Here's what we hope you'll bring:
- 6+ years of industry experience
- An outcome-oriented approach focused on delivering value to end users
- Experience leading complex projects with multiple teams to define and achieve shared goals
- The ability to create alignment, set expectations, and make sure the team is set up to succeed
- A desire to seek differing opinions and ask for help
- Demonstrated ability to manage change
- Deep familiarity with agile software development
- Experience working with the federal government preferred
In this position you will:
- Guide our teams and clients to focus on delivering the most impactful work for our users
- Lead some of our most complicated projects
- Work shoulder to shoulder with our stakeholders to set and present a product vision
- Assertively guide product definition, feature prioritization, and scope
- Facilitate effective planning processes, working with engineers, designers, and project stakeholders to reach a shared vision
- Promote healthy and productive communication within the team and with stakeholders
- Advocate for and implement product management best practices within Truss and with our clients
The salary range for this position is: $145,500 - $170,500
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US and you must reside in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
San Francisco,CATruss is a fully distributed company across the US.
- This job is remote friendly.