A2J Tech is a Denver-based social enterprise that builds technology to improve access to justice. We're part digital agency, part cause-based organization. Our clients are non-profit law firms, for-profit law firms, bar associations, law schools, and legal aid organizations working to improve access to justice. Support is deployed with specific emphasis on outreach to vulnerable groups. Some project activities include document automation, website design, project management, digital marketing, release and support of justice tools to communities, and leading forums for strategic industry planning.
We are looking for a UX Designer who will support a range of projects in our client portfolio. We are a small, but rapidly growing team so this is a great opportunity to have a huge impact across our organization and take ownership over our products.
Even if you do not meet all of the criteria, we encourage you to apply anyway. We do not believe in the perfect candidate and would prefer someone with a passion for our mission to someone with many years of experience.
Skills and responsibilities
- Develop brand identities and visual systems, and high-level design projects
- Shape the visual aspects of websites, newsletters, and documents including illustrations, graphics, logos, layouts, and photos.
- Set design requirements based on information from external partners, internal teams, and user research
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Implement your designs using modern web practices (accessibility, responsivity)
- Create design concepts and drawings into wireframes and functional prototypes
- Coordinate designs in electronic format for final review and approval by the client
- Prepare designs for print, web, and electronic output.
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
- Good understanding of color science and combinations
- Expertise in multiple areas of design (graphic design, visual design, service design, interaction design)
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Collaborate to solve design problems while understanding complex technical or legal system constraints
- Experience working with a cross-functional team
- You have an online portfolio that showcases your work — especially those that solved problems for users within complex ecosystems
- Comfortable working with content management systems such as Webflow, Strikingly, or Squarespace.
- Proficient in design software such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision, Photoshop
- Effective communicator and facilitator within a remote environment
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of A2J Tech
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Passion in the justice sector with a focus on access to justice
- Preferred experience in legal aid, non-profits, or working with low-income communities