Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a social impact scale-up with its HQ in Brussels, aims to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by over 230 cities and municipalities in +10 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave +500,000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'. CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to have +2.5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities across the globe.
GovSuccess Manager at CitizenLab
As our Government Success Manager based in the U.S., you will be in charge of showing all American agencies we work with, the way to success. You are an expert in community engagement and/or the public sector, and will transfer that expertise via training, workshops, and other professional services to our customers.
Skills and responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own overall relationship with American customers, which includes: onboarding, increasing adoption, ensuring retention and satisfaction, managing risk.
- Transfer public participation expertise in-person (workshops, training), remotely (video calls) and via content (guides, articles) to civil servants.
- Deeply understand our customers' objectives and advise them on participatory process design and organisational development.
- Work closely together with our Business Developer U.S., to expand our customer base in the USA by occasionally giving presentations to prospective agencies and facilitating sales.
New York City,NYYou can be based anywhere in the United States.
- This job is remote friendly.
What do we expect of you?
- You can demonstrate a strong interest in the topics of public governance & citizen engagement. If you have an existing network in the public sector, that's a big plus.
- You have +3y relevant experience to demonstrate project/change management skills, e.g. in Management Consulting, Customer Success, Account Management, Business Development, or another client-facing role. Account management experience is a plus.
- You possess the ability to create structure in ambiguous situations and design effective processes.
- You have good analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights and present these in a visually attractive way. You are well-versed with Powerpoint/Keynote.
- You have a results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action.
- You are proactive and can demonstrate a sense for initiative.
- You are empathetic and show a positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals.
- You are an exceptional communicator, both orally through presentations in writing, natively in English.
- You are used to working in a fast-paced environment with many online tools.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have a social impact at scale. We're daily working with +230 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to a scaleup (50 employees).
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by the leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We organise many team activities and afterworks (when possible). We are as serious about our work in digital democracy, as about having fun on our journey together.
- Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Work 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re growing fast together, both collectively and individually.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, training budget, well-being budget, collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working from home, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.