Outvote, backed by YCombinator and Higher Ground Labs, was founded in 2017 as a get-out-the-vote tool for Democrats. Outvote has since expanded to become a distributed organizing platform allowing anyone to make an impact for the causes and candidates they care about. Our thesis is that grassroots activism at scale is better at changing hearts and minds than political ads. We empower activists with technology to make it easy to mobilize in a way that is both impactive and coordinated with the campaigns and organizations that have been doing this vital work for decades.
Columbia University’s Data Institute recently estimated Outvote’s cost per vote at $2, making our method the single most effective form of organizing. Outvote has been covered by The New York Times, Washington Post, TechCrunch, Fast Company, and many more.
In 2020, Outvote worked with over 900 campaigns and organizations including Planned Parenthood, SEIU, Michelle Obama’s When We All Vote, DCCC, DSCC, DNC, and presidential campaigns.
The Outvote Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the entire Outvote suite of web and mobile products. They will triage bug reports and manage development and release of fixes or feature solutions.
Skills and responsibilities
- Product Quality Assurance. Coordinate and perform manual tests across our web, iOS and Android platforms; provide final approval prior to feature completion and releases. Set up and manage a scalable process for manual QA with 3rd party testers.
- Product Reliability. Run performance analysis throughout the entire technical stack to uncover opportunities for improvement.
- Product Security. Manage ongoing bug bounty program and annual security audits and remediations.
- Bug Report Management. Take bug reports from customer support, triage bug tickets and reproduce them through the complete bug cycle.
- Release Operations. Participate in release operations to ensure the smooth delivery of quality features to production.
- Quality Advocate. Advocate product quality, performance, and accessibility within a cross-functional development team.
- This job is remote friendly.
- At least three years of experience working at B2B SaaS companies on either QA or Development teams.
- Experience testing Ruby on Rails, React, or React Native with RSpec, Jest, Cypress, Cucumber, Selenium, or similar technologies.
- Detail-oriented while capable of keeping the business value of software in mind.
- Excited by the daily rigor and short-term demands of a start-up and able to tie those to long-term strategic initiatives.
- Looking to grow their skills in automated testing, security, accessibility, deployment and performance technologies and move to the next step in their career.
- Passionate about politics and activism, social impact and responsibility, and volunteering and fundraising for social good.
We don’t expect each candidate to have expertise in every single one of these areas — we’re looking for candidates who are strong in a couple of areas, and are passionate about learning and growing in others.
We eagerly accept applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Outvote is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our employees’ differences, and know that differences — of all kinds — make us infinitely stronger.