Cloud to Street is the world’s leading remote flood mapping platform. We use global satellites and remote sensing AI to monitor flood risk and detect worldwide floods in real-time. Seeded by Google, we have been used by governments across almost 20 countries for disaster relief efforts. Partnering with top insurers, we are now launching the first commercial parametric flood insurance product to better protect climate-vulnerable communities.
You will work closely with our remote sensing scientists and project managers to improve Cloud to Street’s near real-time flood monitoring product to support global disaster risk reduction.
As remote sensing analyst you will apply your geospatial talents toward reducing the impact of flooding in low and middle-income countries. In this role, you will take deep ownership over being the first line of defense for validating spatial flood data from our platform, and report flood risks to users in a digestible and actionable way.
Skills and responsibilities
- Monitor active flood events for ongoing Cloud to Street projects, validate and QA/QC satellite-based flood maps delivered to humanitarian users
- Work collaboratively with remote sensing scientists to validate and improve Cloud to Street’s flood products and science benchmarks
- Prepare visual and statistical reports on flooding situations to be used by government users in low and middle-income countries for disaster response
- This job is remote friendly.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, earth science, atmospheric science, engineering, computer science, or a related field with a focus on remote sensing and/or geospatial analysis
- Eager to learn new skills in remote sensing, hydrology, and UX
- Hands-on experience in remote sensing principles and methods
- Demonstrated ability in producing maps, coding visual data, and/or formatting summary reports
- Commitment to justice, diversity, science, and solidarity with vulnerable communities
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with a scrappy startup mentality