Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a full stack digital consulting firm with niche expertise in rapid delivery of modern, user-first, scalable, and data-intensive digital solutions for government agencies, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients includes the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and the U.S. Air Force. We develop digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Our team is growing again and looking for an enthusiastic Senior Backend Developer with client engagement experience to join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. We enjoy the challenges of human-centered design, security, and scale to create better outcomes for our federal agency partners. We are a remote-first and work completely in the open source.
What you will do:
- Build scalable API-first applications using Django REST framework (DRF)
- Use latest testing methodologies, integration and unit tests to keep the code base maintainable
- Collaborate with the frontend development team to ensure APIs integrate as needed
- Collaborate with a cross-functional product team and participate in scrum ceremonies
- Deploy software through CI/CD pipelines that impacts millions of Americans
Who you are:
- Passionate about Civic Tech
- Enjoy building digital solutions using user-centered philosophy instead of technology-based approach
- Have a few years of experience building public-facing scalable web applications and APIusing DRF
- Comfortable using command line tools (know ZSH) and have a preference for your dot files
- Can communicate and breakdown complex technical concepts to non-technical team members and stakeholders
- Enjoy working with a user experience (UX) focused cross-functional product team
- Experience with at least one agile methodology, including Scrum, or Kanban
- Love to demo your work to the team
Reston,VAThis position is fully remote
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
Note: U.S Citizen is required