Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and like-minded organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they do business.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join a cross-functional and take a dive deep into complex ecosystems with myriads of fun technical systems and services to help define the tactical improvements and what should be designed and built in the world of modern software development practices. We’re deliberate about creating a remote team and culture, though we place a lot of value in traveling to be in-person with our government partners on a somewhat regular basis.
In this role, you will
- Bring systems thinking and technical experience to a variety of situations to provide guidance for tech and policy interventions
- Navigate complex situations with empathy and kindness
- Design, prototype, and build potential solutions
- Collaborate and participate on a cross-functional team
- This job is remote friendly.
$80,000.00-$140,000.00yearly, Depending on experience
- At least 4 years of experience working as an engineer or technical role on a team
- At least 8 years of professional experience
- Proficient with react, TypeScript, and Node.js
- Familiar with WCAG and able to help a team prioritize critical accessibility work
- Experience with SQL Server, AWS, Jest, Selenium, StoryBook, and/or Circle CI are a plus
- Familiarity with legacy technologies, digital transformation, and how to partner with less tech savvy clients
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- An adaptive, proactive, tenacious, and positive mindset
- Experience working in an agile, iterative way
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor. Empathetic, collaborative, and able to adapt in the face of constraints