Skylight (https://skylight.digital/) is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our talented team of technologists in driving this movement forward.
You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team, which consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work in small, fast, agile teams to create exceptional customer experiences and enduring solutions out of the government’s most complex design and technology challenges. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding.
What you’ll do:
- Engineer an incredible experience for developers who are working in web-based environments such as Ruby, Python, Java, and Node.js through automation, virtualization, and process improvement
- Achieve technical excellence by advocating for and adhering to lean-agile engineering principles and practices such as simple design and automated testing
- Represent Skylight's culture of delivery when interacting with government stakeholders and other contractors
What we’re looking for:
- Expertise in the areas of version control, deployment automation, continuous integration, test automation, monitoring, proactive notification, and “shift-left security”
- Able to deploy and configure services using infrastructure as a service providers such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Able to solve problems using scripting and programming skills
- Able to administer Linux-based systems, as well as Apache-based web servers
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Docker
- Experience creating secure systems while enhancing the privacy of all system users
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary, agile team format
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values (https://skylight.digital/company/values/)
- Ability to travel from time to time (when it's safe)
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive salary
- An economic stake in the company's success with stock options
- Performance rewards and referral bonuses
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, dependent care FSA, healthcare FSA, and health savings account
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of your salary
- Flexible paid-time-off policy (minimum of 29 days), which covers any type of leave (such as holiday, sick, and vacation) that you need or want to take
- Minimum of 9 weeks paid time off for all eligible new birth, adoption, or foster parents
- Annual $2,000 allowance for professional development
- Annual $750 allowance for tech-related purchases
- Access up to $1,000 before payday to cover emergency expenses
- Incentives for living in a HUBZone area (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map), including relocation assistance and a monthly stipend to help offset the cost of rent or mortgage
- Dollar-for-dollar charity donation matching, up to $500 per year
- Remote-friendly work environment
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a