At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 4 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Now we’re expanding further into the financial services space by building new products that help our users manage the other aspects of their financial lives.
Our Senior Product Manager will lead product development for the most popular financial software product for Americans with limited incomes. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to make a tangible difference to those who need it most. Especially now. You’ll manage and expand core EBT and benefit management features, ensuring first and foremost that anyone in the US with an EBT card can access their balance and account information. This is also a technical role, where you’ll triage backend P0 issues that arise and improve the overall benefit management experience of our product. The ideal candidate is deeply motivated by solving the challenges felt by our users and is excited to do right by them.
What you'll do:
What you'll do:
- Lead product development processes, including sprint planning, task scoping, bug and backlog prioritization
- Work with engineering, business, and other team members to define the product strategy and roadmap
- Own core application usage and growth metrics, getting deep into our product analytics tools and reporting out regularly
- Scope new features and improvements that add value to our product offering and help our users better manage government benefits
- Investigate technical issues in a structured and data-driven way and support engineering-led solutions
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or other government benefits.
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn
Skills and responsibilities
- Experience as a product manager on a technical product
- Experience as a people manager
- Analytical mind and experience analyzing product and technical data (we use tools like Amplitude, Metabase, and Kibana/Elasticsearch, though you do not need to be familiar with these particular tools)
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to motivate, empower, and unblock a team
- Ability to thrive in unstructured and constantly evolving environments (including responding to P0 issues)
- Deep passion for making a difference in the lives of our users