Forage is an online payment solution for government subsidies— the Stripe of government payment systems. Our first software offering helps online grocery stores accept EBT payments online. EBT is like the Visa of government money, and it currently distributes over $80 Billion in food subsidies a year.
What’s it like to work at Forage?
- We are a fully distributed, tight-knit team spread across three cities.
- We stay aligned through weekly all hands, weekly goal setting, and daily stand-ups.
- We aim to empower every individual on the team with full transparency, ownership, autonomy, and clear objectives.
- Create software with real impact: every transaction that we process is a meal for a hungry and vulnerable person.
- Create products and features that make it easier for online grocers to process EBT as a payment method.
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment.
- Own and deliver engineering objectives.
- Get a competitive salary, equity, benefits, paid time-off, and a flexible work schedule.
Sample projects you might work on:
- Integrate Forage with a grocery store's point-of-sales system.
- Build analytic dashboards for government agencies.
- Build client libraries for our payment processing service.
Skills and responsibilities
- Love building great products and engineering systems.
- Can articulate your thoughts well.
- Can articulate and balance implementation tradeoffs.
- Are productive, resourceful, and an effective problem solver
- Write high quality code, value software testing, and uphold best practices in engineering.
- Have strong understanding of CS fundamentals from Bachelor's in CS, engineering, related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- Work effectively in a remote setting and are able to overlap at least 4 hours per work day at 9am to 5pm PST
- This job is remote friendly.
- Salary: , Competitive salary, equity, benefits, paid time-off, and a flexible work schedule.
- Deadline: n/a
Professional experience working with relational databases and MVC frameworks.
Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Typescript, React, HTML, CSS, AWS