Truss is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for a delivery manager/project manager to help drive this mission forward.
You will work on small teams to help them deliver applications and infrastructure for our government using modern development practices common in Silicon Valley, and new to government. You will help revolutionize the way services, depended on by millions of Americans, are designed, implemented, and delivered. You care deeply about working on technology that affects people’s lives, and are passionate about building large-scale systems that are well-designed, fast, scalable, and secure.
We are seeking an individual with project management experience who can learn quickly, build consensus, and help teams do their best work. A position with Truss will allow you to develop a rich skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
This position will allow you to:
- Work with Product Manager to facilitate the definition of clear project goals, priorities, and scope
- Create, track, and ensure delivery of high-level timelines and milestones, including evaluating timing against the workload of the team
- Spot and remove impediments from team progress, expediting the completion of work
- Act as a conduit of information between infrastructure engineering, development engineering, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical) to ensure that decisions and status are understood
- Work with Product Manager to provide a framework within which development progress can be tracked
- Communicate status and project details externally, as required
- Coordinate with other groups within the government to ensure that all the pieces come into place at the right time
- Manage communication to Truss and client management on project status, progress, and impact on strategic goals
- Spot project problems and risks early, creating clear and actionable mitigation plans, and escalating when appropriate
- Identify weaknesses in organizational processes and communication, and create cleaner paths towards execution
Skills and responsibilities
Here's what we hope you'll bring:
- 2+ years of experience in engineering organizations, preferably in a Technical Project Management role
- Solid knowledge of the tools and elements of project management
- Experience managing ambitious and dynamic technical projects
- A tactical understanding of the relationship between Infrastructure, Development, Product, and Design
- [Bonus] Prior experience with DevOps and agile development frameworks, especially in government agencies
- This job is remote friendly.
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Truss. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous compensation and benefits packages and value a healthy work/life balance.
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set.