DHS is the largest agency in Allegheny County government, with a budget of nearly $1 billion. DHS serves over 200,000 people a year through services that include: Protecting children and youth from abuse and neglect and preventing future occurrences of maltreatment; improving child wellness through family support, home visiting, early intervention and in-home services; providing treatment for behavioral health issues such as substance use disorders and mental illness; managing the care of adults with intellectual disabilities; preventing unnecessary nursing home stays; and services that prevent homelessness and provide shelter and housing for families and individuals.
The Supervising Analyst of User and Customer Experience Analytics is a highly diverse role for researching, analyzing and reporting on client feedback across the organization. Incumbent will oversee implementing both a user experience (UX) and a customer experience (CX) research strategy by defining objectives via identifying needs of various stakeholders (e.g., research, program, community, leadership), facilitating a process for collecting data through multiple methods and translating those findings into actionable outcomes and following through on insights, ensuring they result in improved client experience. Incumbent will report to Allegheny County Dept. of Human Services (DHS), Deputy Director, Office of Analytics, Technology and Planning (ATP).
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams that include designers, developers, content strategists and project managers from program offices across DHS to improve and enhance client experiences.
- Continuously advancing the customer experience measurement program; defining the UX and CX benchmarks or key performance indicators.
- Overseeing all aspects of customer experience research including project design, data collection, analysis and reporting across multiple program offices.
- Writing survey questions and discussion guides to collect actionable client data that will answer key organizational questions.
- Working with stakeholders to collaboratively design and execute research studies that span the entire program development process.
- Mentoring and training others to conduct user experience research.
- Performing general duties related to coordinating and expediting projects.
- Participating in the interview and selection of prospective staff.
- Representing DHS on task forces, advisory boards and other community committees and agencies.
- Supervising and providing guidance to up to two (3) Analysts:
- Assigning deliverable job priorities and reviewing work produced for quality and efficiency.
- Verifying staff time and attendance for accuracy and approving staff time, schedules (vacation, sick, personal and compensatory time) and travel requests.
- Preparing, completing and signing-off on staff performance evaluations.
Skills and responsibilities
- Customer Experience methodology (e.g., toolkits, frameworks).
- Digital and innovative technology for customer feedback including IVR, web, chat, SM, social media, mobile/remote, online ethnography, photovoice/photo-elicitation.
- MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Statistical analysis tools such as Excel, SPSS and R.
- Qualitative analysis tools.
- Project management.
- Problem-solving and prioritizing work.
- Present and communicate research findings to different groups of stakeholders
- Consistently advocate the DHS mission.
- Work at a high level of independence with minimal supervision.
- Function with flexibility.
Master’s degree in a relevant field, plus five or more years’ professional level responsibility in human service programs or human development programs, including three years’ service in either program evaluation, quality assurance or data analysis (or a combination of these), plus previous supervisory experience. Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required.