A bit about us
We’re a diverse, close-knit bunch who are serious about having fun producing exceptional work. We play to win—for our clients, for ourselves, and for the world. We’ve got each other’s backs. We have high expectations and the work ethic to match them. And we’re all together in the same open office, so there’s music and a lot of joking mixed-in with being heads-down on work.
A bit about diversity
We believe strongly that diversity is one of our greatest strengths—that the more perspectives we bring to the mix, the better we are as people and the better partner we are for our clients. So, in considering if Constructive is a good fit for you, know that all we care about is that you’re qualified to do the job, share most or all of our values, and want to be here. These are the things we’ll be evaluating for every applicant.
Constructive, a leading brand experience design & digital design agency that works exclusively with social impact organizations is looking for an outstanding technical expert and creative thinker to join our team as a Sr. Web Developer.
If you’re an experienced technologist who has demonstrated expertise building Wordpress websites that demand a high degree of creative and technical complexity, thrive on being a collaborative problem solver, and believe that the best digital experiences happen when strategy, technology, and design work together, then we’d love to hear from you. And if you care deeply about issues like climate change, social justice, and economic equality—and want to work on interesting projects that make a meaningful positive impact on them—then we think you’ll love working with us and our clients.
A bit about the role
Sr. Web Developers at Constructive need great expertise both in creating powerful back-end publishing systems and in elegant front-end digital experiences. They need to write code that’s semantically sound and adheres to current best practices. They must be proactive thinkers who are always looking to bring new ideas to the table and improve how we work. And they must thrive on working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams.
What’s in it for you?
We do our best to make sure everyone at Constructive is taken care of with a great mix of salary, benefits and perks, opportunities for professional growth, and a healthy dose of time off. We also always reward individual initiative and outsized contributions to our collective success. Along with your base salary, here are the benefits and perks we have on tap at Constructive for 2018-2019 to add to this:
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K plan with 4% company match
- Annual profit sharing bonus+performance bonuses (no less than 10% of company profit split equally by all employees as profit sharing)
- 2 weeks paid vacation (+1 additional day per year)
- Paid vacation between Christmas & New Year's
- 1/2-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16 days)
- 1 week paid personal/sick days
- Unlimited work-from-home days (within reason!) after 6 months
- Monthly employee-voted gift card awards
- TransitChek (pay for transit w/ pre-tax $)
- Discounted Company Cell Phone Plan
- $1K annual professional development stipend
- New client bonus (2.5% of largest contract in year 1 for any non-inbound client)
- Coffee, healthy snacks, soda
- Company lunch every Wednesday
- Weekly Happy Hr (every non-summer Friday)
- Bi-monthly Company Events (sporting events, bowling, holiday party, etc)
- The feeling of satisfaction knowing that your work is helping make the world a better place.
Interested? Great! Then please send an email to titled “Senior Web Developer” to email@example.com with the following
- A resume
- A cover letter telling us a bit about you and what excites you about joining our team
- Links to your own website, websites you’ve worked on, github, whatever
- Desired salary (freelance rate for those interested in consulting with us)
Skills and responsibilities
What we need you to do extremely well
We’re looking for a developer who’s eager to play a leading role in Constructive’s digital practice. We’ll need you to have strong demonstrated success having done all or most of the following things for at least 3-5 years—and a passion for doing them extremely well.
- Understand the web development landscape, contributing significantly to creating internal technology strategies that align with broader bradnd strategy.
- Collaborate across teams to plan and execute ambitious digital projects.
- Develop backend and frontend, taking ownership of your projects from start to finish.
- Participate in QA/UAT testing to ensure that what we deliver is what we promised—and that it lives up to our standards.
- Document your work to make it easier for other developers, both now and in the future, to work with what you’ve built.
- Improve best practices, recommend tools, and build technical frameworks that make our work more efficient, effective, and technically front-of-field.
- Contribute to ongoing development and support for existing websites.
- Contribute to developing proposals and estimates for projects you will be a lead developer.
- Be a team player who has a bias towards listening, takes serious pride in their work, and is always looking for our process and results to be better the next time out.
- Have a sense of humor. Seriously, life can be stressful enough these days.
- Salary: , Please submit desired salary (freelance rate for those interested in consulting with us)
Expertise that’s important in our work
Right now, these are the specific technologies and tasks that are essential to our work (which we always remain open to evaluating and evolving). We’ll need you to have about 5 years of professional experience in most of these things.
- Expert-level Wordpress Development (Min 3 years experience)
- Expert CSS chops (and SCSS!)
- Strong preprocessor experience (Webpack / Gulp)
- Strong Git experience
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience executing third-party integrations (Salesforce, Mailchimp, Blackbaud, Fluxx, Google Maps API, etc.)
- Comfortable with D3
- Comfortable with AWS
- Comfortable with Server Administration & DevOps