Scoot is leading the world’s cities from a past built around private, combustion vehicles toward a future of shared electric vehicles. Starting in 2012 with electric motorbikes, we have added electric city cars, electric bicycles, and most recently electric kick scooters to our range of solutions to urbanites’ daily transportation needs. Meeting this fundamental need for mobility in a zero-emission, fun, and affordable way is the mission of Scoot: Electric Vehicles for Everyone. Our riders have covered over 5,000,000 electric miles of commutes, errands, and explorations of the city with friends.
Having proven the service in San Francisco and Barcelona, we are preparing for rapid scaling in terms of both new markets and new offerings for our riders. A core component of our success is our ability to work with cities to achieve outcomes that are not only good for our business but also for the communities in which we operate. We are looking for a Product Manager to lead the development of the tools we need to engage with city officials, regulators and the broader community in Scoot cities across the globe.
As the Community Product Manager, you have the exciting opportunity to help shape the narrative around Scoot’s positive impact on urban transportation. You will be responsible for defining Scoot’s strategy around data-sharing with cities and using technology to make the case for Scoot’s expansion within existing and new markets. Key job functions include the design and development of our city-facing software tools and APIs, identification of and collaboration with partners in the civic tech space, and the creation of programs that empower riders to become advocates for our service. This is a cross-functional role that will partner closely with our local city management and public affairs teams.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Prior experience with technology development in the government or nonprofit sectors
- Collaborative style that is focused on aligning internal and external stakeholders and finding solutions
- Superior communication, analytical, and project management skills (we will test for these in your interviews)
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools; some knowledge of database languages such as R and SQL (or interest in learning) is preferred
- Track record of excellence in both academic and professional settings
- Passion for urban mobility and riding light electric vehicles
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally on roughly a quarterly basis