TalkingPoints (talkingpts.org) is an education technology non-profit on a mission to make it easy for any parent to be engaged in their children’s education especially in low-income, diverse communities. Parent engagement can drive student success twice as much as a family’s socioeconomic status, yet underserved, diverse families struggle to get involved. We help teachers and parents build relationships, shift mindsets, create communities and understand what effective parent engagement looks like so that students can be better supported to become part of an inclusive, diverse workforce in America and beyond.
We’re building a multilingual family engagement platform with AI and human-powered two-way translation, and personalized coaching content. We’re on track to serving over 3 million students by 2020, and have been recognized by organizations such as MIT, Google.org, Ashoka, Forbes, Echoing Green as innovative solutions to tackle the achievement gap. We’re backed by AT&T, Google, Comcast NBCUniversal, NewSchools Venture Fund, General Motors and Stanford University, to name a few.
- An incredible opportunity to build a mission-driven, rapidly growing startup tech nonprofit
- Competitive salary, full coverage health insurance, unlimited vacation
- Casual and flexible work environment in San Francisco Bay Area
As our first dedicated product lead, you’ll have the unique opportunity to take a mission-critical leadership role in the inflexion point of our organization to take our product to the next level – what we call TalkingPoints 2.0! You’ll be working closely with a small but supercharged, tightly-knit, mission-driven team, to lead all areas of product to drive impact in a fast-paced, ‘scrappy’ and experimental environment. You’ll own, drive and deliver our product roadmap leading a team of engineers, and take on difficult, ambiguous problems where the solution is not clear but will be really excited to solve them. You’ll be action-oriented, with a delightful, creative, and out-of-the-box approach. You’ll be excited by digging deep with empathy with our diverse user needs, and you’ll balance big, bold ideas with technical feasibility, and will continuously prototype and experiment with MVPs to drive impact.
Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
San Francisco Bay Area,CAWould consider West Coast based candidates
- This job is remote friendly.
- Prior experience in managing software products, independently leading a team, ideally consumer products from design to launch to iteration
- Analytical and empathetic: able to infer user needs and draw out insights from conducting research, while approaching problems and solutions using data
- Strategic leadership: able to understand, solve and execute on organization-level problems while reaching for big, bold goals
- Strong team-player: we work as a small, tightly-knit team and you should be self-starting and motivated to build things
- Scrappy, experimental and excited about a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong commitment to our mission and using technology to make a difference
- Experience in or empathy with communities we serve (e.g., underserved populations, education, immigration)
- Experience in or empathy with bilingual and/or multicultural environments
- Experience with NLP and machine learning