Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors and employees and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As a Truss engineer you will facilitate bringing our values to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
We are seeking engineering leaders to have a significant impact on the services offered by the government to US citizens. This positions is for engineers leveled 4-5 as match our leveling guide. A position with Truss will allow you to continuously enrich your skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
- Proficient knowledge of developing high performance and scalable applications.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming
- Experience developing highly maintainable services
- Familiar with SQL and/or other database programming
- A Plus: Understanding of web services and Service Oriented Arch standards and related web services/JSON
- A Plus: Experience working with international development teams and/or working in a distributed development team
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Skills and responsibilities
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Design and implement software based on internal and external standards.
- Experience doing software design documents
- Strong quality and coding standards focus including, design reviews, commenting code, code reviews and unit testing
- Work on multiple initiatives and recommend improvements.
- Develop and support project throughout all phases of the development life cycle.
- Conceptualizing, coding, deploying, and iterating on next generation prototypes.
- Work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environments.
- Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions.
- Have a do-whatever-it-takes commitment in both attitude and actions
- Not an elitist, down to earth, resolves issues quickly/directly
- Quick learner who has proven successes on software projects with >3 developers
- Has good judgement on when to lead and when to follow
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
- BS, Masters in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years writing application software