The Director of Policy Research and Analysis will provide a forward looking, evidence-based approach to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of services. Applicants should have a background in policy, research, and data analysis. The position will involve fact finding, in-depth evaluation, and both written and oral communications including various presentations, reports, and proposals. We are seeking innovative applicants who can identify and recommend solutions to complex problems within county government and work in a fast-paced environment.
Skills and responsibilities
· Cultivate relationships’ and serve as a liaison to collaborate with agencies within and outside county government to research best practices and engage in advocacy for local government and recommend forward-looking policy concepts;
· Perform evidence-based analysis and evaluation of program performance, identifying trends and opportunities to improve service, delivery and systems;
· Monitor, evaluate, research, and respond to local, state, and federal policy developments and issues; conduct program interviews, surveys, site visits, and cost analyses;
· Prepare and oversee preparation of fact sheets, reports, white papers, presentations and infographics and other work product to summarize key information for County departments, stakeholders, and the public;
· Analyze and present complex performance data and relevant information in a clear, user-friendly format and routinely create compelling data visual narratives;
· Other duties/ad hoc as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Relationship oriented, with the capacity to collaborate across many different groups;
· Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills, with an ability to analyze complex information and distill pertinent facts;
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to explain complex, technical subject matter to a general audience;
· Knowledge of data analysis techniques with an understanding of statistical concepts;
· Research ability and intellectual curiosity;
· A self-starter with flexibility to both work independently and as part of a team;
· Knowledge of Local, State, and Regional Policy Issues;
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Power Point;
· Familiarity with statistical software packages a plus;
· Working knowledge of social media platforms.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy, Public or Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Government or a related field of study *Master’s Degree a plus, *
· At least five years of professional experience in public policy analysis, report writing, or any combination of experience or training which enables one to perform the essential job functions.View application