Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. San Francisco Health Plan is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 142,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
We're a brand new team and looking for the right individual to bring creative ideas and energy to improve technology in San Francisco’s public health system. Additionally, you'll get to shape one of the first Product Management teams in a public sector organization!
As the SF City Option Program Product Manager, you'll be responsible for the technology products that support the SF City Option Program, a healthcare benefits program with over 300,000 participants. The experienced Product Manager will help us improve access to healthcare and health coverage in San Francisco. You’ll oversee the development of our internal administrative applications and external-facing user portals, assist in managing technical vendors, and help us determine how to better use technology to support program staff and participants.
Skills and responsibilities
· Maintain product backlog of enhancements, new features, and bug fixes
· Write detailed user stories and requirements, including wireframes or visual aids as needed
· Work with SF City Option Program staff to understand program priorities and create product vision and roadmap
· Participate in user research with internal staff and program participants to understand user needs and opportunities
· Lead development teams through Agile release processes
· Create and measure success metrics for product initiatives
· Communicate product initiatives and releases to internal stakeholders across multiple departments
· Conduct user acceptance testing and sign off on releases
· Contribute to vendor management by communicating required changes or bugs with vendor teams
· Conduct market research and make build or buy recommendations for new products
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· At least two years of experience as a Product Manager of software products. Experience in the healthcare, financial, or public sector preferred.
· Basic design skills and ability to communicate new features via sketches, wireframes and mockups
· Demonstrated experience in writing clear and detailed product requirements
· Ability to create and build buy-in for product plans and roadmaps
· Outstanding written and verbal communication; ability to break complex topics down for different audiences
· Experience conducting user/design research including interviews, surveys, and usability tests
· Deeply collaborative and an excellent team player
· Ability to build business relationships
· Resilience and comfort with ambiguity