EducationSuperHighway is the leading non-profit focused on upgrading the Internet access in every public school classroom in America. We believe that digital learning has the potential to provide all students with equal access to educational opportunity and that every school requires high-speed broadband to make that opportunity a reality. We accelerate broadband upgrades in America’s K-12 schools with data-driven programs and tools.
In partnership with governors and state agencies, we work with school districts to get fiber to schools that need it, to ensure classrooms have robust Wi-Fi, and to make broadband more affordable. Our work served as a catalyst for modernization of the Federal Communications Commission’s $3.9 billion E-rate program and spurred commitment from 48 governors to upgrade their schools. As a result, 30 million more students gained access to high-speed broadband in the past three years.
EducationSuperHighway is funded by national philanthropic organizations including the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and our mission is supported by America’s leading CEOs.
The Marketing team has two primary objectives: 1) build awareness of and drive demand for EducationSuperHighway programs and tools among state and school district leaders and 2) promote the EducationSuperHighway brand as a credible, trusted expert on the topic of Internet in schools. The eight-person team is responsible for national marketing efforts and developing and executing state-specific marketing campaigns, which rely heavily on building relationships and activating partner communications channels in each of our engaged states. This role reports to the Marketing Communications Manager.
The Associate Manager, Marketing Communications will help build national brand equity ensuring our key stakeholders know who we are and the importance of our work. As the Associate Manager, Marketing Communications, you will support the implementation of strategic marketing communications plans. You will be responsible for coordinating advertising, sponsorships, email campaigns, and social media. The Associate Manager, Marketing Communications is tasked with creating content that drives action and increases credibility. Working closely with cross-functional teams, you will also support the development and execution of state-specific public relations plans.
Skills and responsibilities
What You Will Do
- Implement marketing communications and content strategy
- Coordinate integrated marketing communications campaigns
- Ensure consistency of brand and messaging nationally and across states
- Produce creative content and impactful marketing materials (e.g. social media, blogs, email, infographics, case studies)
- Serve as social media community manager
- Plan and execute state-specific PR plans
- Identify press and PR opportunities across states
- Write press releases, talking points, and op-eds
- Assist with coordination of local PR events
- Drive strategies to attract and retain stakeholders through advertising
- Collect and analyze information about different media channels, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, social media, the Internet and outdoor
- Recommend strategies for using certain media effectively to increase brand recognition and credibility
- Coordinate multi-channel advertising campaigns and track campaign success
- Four to six years of professional experience
- Identifies, collects, and examines data and information, in a timely manner, to support content development
- Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to communication challenges with intended audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that can persuade, inform and instruct audiences
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Thrives on collaborative, cross-functional teamwork
- Communicates status, risks, and outcomes of plans and projects to appropriate team members
- Keen attention to detail
- Executes best practices in search engine optimization
- Is open to feedback and willing to iterate quickly and often
- SEO experience, a plus
Software experience, preferred:
- Hootsuite or other social media management software
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Sketch, a plus
- Tableau, a plus