Learn More About Our Work
The Data team members help access, integrate and analyze data to develop more effective services and inform policy decisions and programmatic designs. The team views data as a protected asset that can be responsibly leveraged across digital products to support analytical initiatives, facilitate knowledge sharing, and develop business strategy.
As part of the Data Team, the Testing Lead will build and test a diverse collection of web sites, applications, and integrations. They will work closely with design, data and technology team members to enhance and expand our current products and create new services to decrease poverty and increase opportunity for New Yorkers.
Skills and responsibilities
- Work with Analysis and QA team to plan and execute testing for many functional and non-functional areas of the product.
- Create test cases execute, and automate test scripts (where applicable) for existing and new projects and changes.
- Review all pertinent information about projects including requirements, user stories, technical design documentation, design and UX comps.
- Work with the larger team to provide technical, risk assessment and usability counsel when developing specifications for new products.
- Provide clear, complete testing updates including testing status, bug reporting and tracking to the team.
- Collaborate on multi-disciplinary projects, working with development and taking independent ownership of sub-projects.
- Create accurate testing time estimates as part of project planning and scheduling process
- Work with other QA engineers and developers to continually improve testing efficiency, expand coverage, and increase product reliability.
- This job is remote friendly.
- Experience testing large web-based applications.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium and UFT.
- Experience with common open source CMS Platforms (e.g. Wordpress, Drupal) a plus.
- Ability to think creatively, embrace new approaches and pioneer innovative solutions to intricate issues.
- Experience using any Issue & Project tracking and test management tools including JIRA and Zephyr.
- Experience with agile and SDLC processes.
- Experience and knowledge of Content management system (CMS) development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Commitment to the mission of advancing greater equality and opportunity.