Code for America uses the principles and practices of the digital age to improve how government serves the American public, and how the public improves government. We use a data-driven, user-centered, and iterative approach to building technology to help government services work, starting with the people who need them most.
We are on a mission to reimagine and redesign how every eligible person in America accesses and interacts with the social safety net (Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, LiHeap, WIC and other benefits programs). This multi-state effort is already underway in 4 states. We are looking for a Program Manager to join our Integrated Benefits Program team.
The Program Manager shares our passion for transforming how governments deliver safety net benefits, believes in the role of government in meaningfully serving all people, and has the experience to achieve our vision. The Program Manager will work with internal stakeholders and external strategic partners to manage our Integrated Benefits pilot sites, collaborate with product teams, and ensure impact of the program. This role will also contribute to the visibility , advocacy, and domain expertise of the Integrated Benefits Program.
This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Senior Director of the Integrated Benefits Program.
- Manage state pilots and shape program and product strategies to achieve intended impacts, problem solve stakeholder engagement, and identify opportunities for deeper learning.
- Establish and nurture state, federal, policy, and community partnerships to ensure that the best practices and learnings can be scaled effectively.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to inform product priorities, plan joint roadmaps with partners, quickly test and implement user needs, and determine product viability.
- Test and iterate the Integrated Benefits service delivery strategy for working with government such that outcomes for clients are improved and government partners realize administrative efficiencies.
- Work with rest of IBI program team to develop strategies to further Code for America’s approach to delivery-driven policy and advocacy.
- Develop metrics, dashboards and bring visibility to program achievements such as pipeline development, progress towards policy goals, operational changes etc.
- Drive superb execution, risks, and the need for frequent and clear communication internally and with stakeholders.
- At least 5 years of policy or program development experience with increasing responsibility, preferably with health and human service expertise and/or government.
- Demonstrable experience in partnership management, business development, management consulting, product management, or outreach.
- A savvy multi-tasker and generalist, with strong project management and communications skills. Extremely detail oriented and fanatical about follow-up.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, navigate ambiguity, and be proactive around team and external communications.
- Politically astute and able to find common ground across political differences, especially within a government environment.
- Has an insatiable need for learning and relentless curiosity.
- Comfort working with data and the ability to conduct basic data analysis.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and gravitates towards continuous change.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% time.
- Experience with leading human-centered design projects that included qualitative research, insights gathering, and rapid prototyping, a plus.
- Passion for the Code for America mission and a strong vision for the role technology plays in achieving service delivery impacts.
- Deadline: n/a