The Mayor's Office for Economic Opportunity works to reduce poverty and broaden opportunity by advancing the use of data and evidence in program and policy design, service delivery, and budget decisions.
We are seeking candidates for design, data, research, policy, and technology roles to develop and support digital products and programs that reduce poverty and advance opportunity for City residents.
Learn More About Our Work
Learn More About Our Work
The Technology team members develop new applications and maintains citywide, enterprise products. The team leverages existing City technology assets and systems, and also works in an agile, iterative way to build new digital services, collaborating closely with the Design and Data teams.
As part of the Technology Development Team, the full stack developer will be responsible for maintaining and expanding our current digital products and creating new digital services. They should have strong software development skills to make tools that are human-centered and help make complex information easy to understand.
Skills and responsibilities
- Building dynamic, responsive web applications across front-end, back-end and database layer.
- Building responsive sites from mockups and wireframes.
- Develop and implement web services and APIs.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and technology development team members on prototyping and user testing efforts.
- Coordinate development efforts with internal and vendor teams.
- Implement security and data protection protocols in accordance with citywide security policies.
- Provide production management support input for the design of new application builds.
- Investigate and follow-up with various stakeholders (e.g., DoITT, vendors) to resolve issues.
Bachelor's degree in technology or equivalent preferred with 3-5 years of experience in digital services and technology development.
If you're a recent graduate of a developer bootcamp, we recommend you check out our Development Fellow position.
- Proficient knowledge of a server-side programming language like Java, C#, .NET, Ruby, Python, PHP.
- Familiar with back-end frameworks like Node.js, Express.js.
- Proficient knowledge of most common databases including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.
- Experience working with cloud computing integration such AWS, Azure or private cloud environments.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS) like WordPress and Teamsite.
- Experience using and developing APIs and data web services including tools such as SMS communication, and working with data from diverse sources including case management systems, informational content, and other City, State, and Federal data feeds.
- Experience with an agile, iterative development process and version control such as Git.