Code for America is hiring a Marketing Designer & Multimedia Producer to join the Marketing team to amplify Code for America’s brand with clear compelling graphic design and multimedia content across all channels that moves people to action.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a multimedia storyteller who combines excellent design and video production skills to create a wide range of communications that educate and inform a diverse set of constituents. You will use your skills and creativity to bring cross-platform projects to completion from start to finish to advance Code for America’s advocacy, demonstrate the societal impact of our products, and elevate the stories of our users, volunteers and government partners who strive to make government better every day. You will have experience with various forms of media including web design, graphic arts, animation, photography, video and audio editing, scriptwriting and interactive media.
If you’re strong on combining content strategy with persuasion and want to work with passionate, committed, supportive, talented people who care about fixing some of the biggest challenges facing our country today, this may be the job for you.
Bonus points if you have a background in designing for philanthropy nonprofit sector, political campaigns, or the social good space.
This is a full-time role, reporting to the Head of Marketing and is based in San Francisco, Ca
- Conceptualize and execute design across a variety of mediums, including Facebook/Instagram, SEM ads, banner ads, various other ads, social media posts, site copy, emails, and print collateral.
- Develop creative briefs define the scope and timeline for all projects and meet projected deadlines.
- Ensure visual content is aligned with organizational marketing and advocacy goals.
- Collaborate with Code for America leadership and staff to formulate and execute a strategy for creating relevant, valuable and timely content.
- Write, produce, and edit videos and other creative media content, edit audio and music as needed. Design/animate titles, motion graphics, and video bumpers as needed.
- Help to grow Code for America’s creative media capabilities and influence on Facebook, Instagram & YouTube.
- Research and pitch new creative ideas commensurate with the organization’s strategy, vision, and audience goals.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in graphic design, multimedia production, and photography.
- Experience creating visual content for social media.
- Advanced skills with Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, etc.).
- Entrepreneurial mindset, the ability to advocate for one’s ideas and equally able to take constructive feedback.
- Prior experience in delivering creative content for Marketing teams.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to manage a diversity of stakeholders, including government partners.
- Degree in graphic design, film, communications, art or other related field preferred.
- Animation (2D and/or 3D) experience preferred.