Whole Whale is a team of socially minded individuals who love using data and technology to increase the impact of nonprofits.
Whole Whale, a digital agency that leverages tech to increase impact for nonprofits, is looking for a New York City based part-time developer passionate about building tech for good. You will be working closely with our tech lead and PM to build our product Lighthouse. Whole Whale is based in the new WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY.
Skills and responsibilities
- Develop user-facing elements for Lighthouse using ReactJS
- Design and build backend features using NodeJS and AWS
- Choose relevant tools, technologies, and open source libraries to iterate quickly and efficiently
- Foster a team culture focused on development best practices and Agile methodologies
- Integrate 3rd party APIs, such as CRMs, email marketing, and donation platforms
- Integrate billing and payment system
- Set up testing and deployment automation to improve QA process
- Ability/interest in implementing GA and GTM scripts and code a big plus
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- 2+ years in relevant coding languages/platforms
- Superb attention to detail and ability to think through edge cases
- Proficiency with versioning systems like Git or SVN
- Ability to communicate with non-technical humans
- Bonus: experience in at least one of these areas:
- Serverless Architecture
- Single Page Web Apps
- Google Analytics integration
- CRMs such as Salesforce and Blackbaud
- Product/UX Design
- Familiarity with graphic design tools - Adobe Suite, Sketch, InVision
Send a cover letter and resume to Ann, WW’s tech + design lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I <3 coding for good”. In your cover letter, please focus on these three questions:
- What nonprofit or social impact organization do you care deeply about?
- What is your favorite thing about coding?
- What is your existing experience as an engineer? Be specific - what projects have you worked on and what kind of results did you see? Feel free to share screenshots or other resources to help us understand your past successes.
Whole Whale is an equal opportunity employer.