Knight Foundation is seeking an experienced professional, based at our headquarters in Miami, to implement our new, national, Smart Cities strategy with a focus on the communities where Knight Foundation has offices (Akron, Ohio, Charlotte, N.C., Detroit, Macon, Ga., Miami, Philadelphia, San Jose, Calif. and St. Paul, Minn.).
In addition, the program director will manage a portfolio of grants that address the most important trends impacting communities’ ability to be informed and engaged in the digital age. This position reports to the director of national strategy.
- Make investments in technology-enabled efforts that increase responsiveness, connectedness and engagement of citizens.
- Cultivate, execute and support high-impact grants with major national and place-based partners.
- Build national networks that can connect Knight Foundation and local partners to thought leaders and expertise around technology and the future of informed and engaged communities.
- Advance innovative approaches, resources and technologies tested and developed in Knight communities.
- Track the implications of various developments (technology, policy, etc.) on the program and the sector.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Direct experience working with technology in communities.
- An ability to build and leverage networks of leaders, partners and innovators.
- A conviction that informed and engaged communities are the building blocks of a successful democracy.
- A proven record of working collaboratively and inclusively to find and develop creative solutions.
- An intelligent risk-taker with an open and orderly mind.
Knight Foundation is a national foundation with strong local roots. We invest in journalism, in the arts, and in the success of cities where brothers John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers. Our goal is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas, courage to push for change, and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Send your resume to: email@example.com.
For more on Knight Foundation, visit www.knightfoundation.org.
Knight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
- Deadline: n/a