We are a national not-for-profit organization with a passion for ensuring students of all backgrounds have equal access to America’s most academically intense high school programs—and particularly that low-income students and students of color have opportunities to succeed at the highest levels.
As Director of Information Technology, you will provide the tools to enable our national, equity-driven organization to achieve the next phase of scale. Technology and data analysis is key to our ability to improve access for underserved students to the best possible education. This leadership role will oversee the design, development, and implementation of information systems, software applications, data infrastructure, data access and support systems to meet current demands and to lay the foundation for our future.
In general, this role provides leadership and oversight in the following areas:
- Defining architecture
- Selecting software
- Leading teams
- Leading and scoping projects
- Creating software development processes
- Performing hands-on design, development & testing
The Director of Technology Information will:
- Provide strategic vision and oversight for organizational Information Technology and Data systems/programs. Lead and manage the team to implement the vision.
- Become an expert in the role of technology in achieving the organization's mission and lead the effort to improve the mission by creating more powerful analytic tools.
- Design, develop, establish an analytics culture of measuring for success.
- Collaborate with organization leaders and stakeholders in setting a compelling technology roadmap in support of its mission.
- Provide direct oversight and management for all IT and development team members. Foster and build an innovative team focused on student and client impact. Recruit, hire and train technical talent toward meeting the organization's mission.
- Manage and oversee project and program implementation using agile, or other methodologies · Broaden internal skills with effective partner relationships.
- Create standard teams for core applications review. Directly responsible for successfully executing technology initiatives.
- Identify and evaluate to increased utilization of core applications across the organization
- Proactively suggest technology improvements for varying departments across the organization
- Engage with the national technology community; to learn from and collaborate with other technology leaders who share a common vision of equity and opportunity.
Skills and responsibilities
- Excellent understanding of software development process; experience with industry benchmarking and best practice implementation.
- Experienced with agile development methodologies and third-party products and services, including Salesforce.
- Deep knowledge of rapidly evolving trends in digital communications and social media and a passion for staying current in the field.
- Experience in managing external partners and vendors.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed with the ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- The ability to effectively manage and communicate the balance between client expectations and operational capacity.
- A hands-on leader with unquestioned integrity and ethics with the ability to work within and maintain EOS Core Values.
- Deadline: n/a
- BA/BS degree/certification in Computer Science/Engineering from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Familiar with multi-tenant, SaaS enterprise software systems and architectures.
- Experienced in database application development and reporting systems.
- Proficient in data modeling and information architecture.
- Expertise in SQL.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or similar web application frameworks.
- Highly desired qualifications include a Master's degree and leadership experience in overseeing major IT projects and/or operations in the public/nonprofit sector.
- Experience providing strategic leadership regarding IT and online engagement to a dynamic organization encompassing strategic planning, complex organization structures, project planning, budgeting and management, and process transformation.
- Experience with equity, public schools and/or mission-driven work would be an advantage.