This position will serve as the Chief Information Officer for the Department of Elections (ELECT) in an executive leadership role. Responsible for the oversight of business operations, system development, database management, IT Governance, and systems security. This position will lead the agency in the management and delivery of strategic technology services that includes disaster recovery, security, IT strategic planning, budget, application and system configuration and change. Also, this position plans, organizes, and controls all activities of Elections information services and technology to ensure the effective, efficient, and secure operations of all automated data processing systems; and provide access to election information for all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate to senior executives and elected officials both orally and in written correspondence. This ability must include the explanation of both technical aspects as well as how election statue legislation will be satisfied by the IT systems.
- Ability to work in a high visibility position with frequent interactions with the public and media.
- Significant experience in technology development and management.
- Extensive knowledge of current information technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic IT advice to executive stakeholders and be able to provide leadership and guidance in the delivery of multiple complex projects.
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining moderate-sized information systems
- Experience in strategic/long term thinking
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and direct the work of a diverse and dispersed workforce.
- Extensive knowledge in the following:
- Administration and management
- Personnel and customer service
- Engineering and technology
- Computers and electronics
- Skills and abilities includes:
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
- Judgment and decision making
- Complex problem solving
- Oral and written comprehension
M.S. in information technology or computer science and/extensive years of experience in information systems and services management. Current federal security clearance or eligible to obtain a federal security clearance.
Experience in the following software development areas is a plus:
- Source control and issue tracking software
- Microsoft SQL Server – Database software
- Microsoft Visual Studio – Development software
- Business Intelligence software
- Web application firewall and security services
Also, familiarity with server administration, network administration, data transformation/movement (SSIS/DTS) preferred.View application