About the Company
Have you seen how data can be used to significantly transform how decisions are made within organizations? At Civis Analytics, we believe that organizations need to build a “system” around data-based decision making in order to be competitive in the marketplace. And those that do will truly differentiate themselves. These systems incorporate people, data, technology, and science. Over the last four years, Civis Analytics has become the premier partner for organizations seeking to build those systems. We blend world-class data science talent with proprietary data and cutting-edge software to help companies solve their largest problems.
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage dedicated customers and employees. With a powerful combination of premier proprietary data, ground breaking software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
We are building a team of high-impact account managers in Chicago and DC to help our clients solve their biggest organizational challenges through Civis’s state of the art data science and technology solutions.
About the Role
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of relationship management and customer success planning. In addition, you will strategically partner with Civis’ clients to understand the client’s business initiatives and challenges with the goal of enabling clients to derive value through the use of Civis’ customer analytics and data science software and solutions. You will assist in the implementation of solutions and manage all post-sales contact with clients in order to facilitate a positive and proactive long-term relationship and ensure customer dedication, retention, and growth.
The successful candidate will largely work independently but will be directly supported by the Sales, Marketing, Client Success, and Applied Data Science teams. The role requires an upbeat person who is passionate about helping clients and solving problems, while also having the project management and organizational skills to effectively manage dozens of clients simultaneously.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and maintain relationships with assigned accounts by keeping clients informed of solution direction and maintaining forward momentum on projects
- Ensure all software and services outlined in the Statement of Work are delivered post-sale
- Establish timelines, educate and assist clients on implementation and roll out of account
- Act as the single point of contact for clients responsible for troubleshooting and client support
- Proactively engage clients on a regular basis to drive adoption and utilization of the Civs platform and solutions
- Perform live demonstrations of the platform and educate clients on the latest product releases and solution applications
- Partner closely with Sales and Client Success to ensure high client satisfaction and identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Use Salesforce CRM tool daily to handle customer account information, ensuring accurate status of relationship and strength of the client relationship
- Drive a high Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Multi-project management, with heavy use of analyzing data and reports to identify new creative ideas to support customers and boost brand awareness
- Help the company reach its goals by contributing new ideas and sharing knowledge across the team.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-5 years experience in Sales, Account Management or Customer Success
- Knowledge and experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Highly organized self-starter who is able to prioritize in a high-demand environment
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and writing skills are required
- Very comfortable conducting business over the phone
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a developing process from the ground up
- Experience or familiarity with Salesforce and/or other CRM systems
- Familiarity with SQL and/or R is a plus
- Experience and familiarity with analytics and its applications within organizations