About the Company
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies, and the country’s largest nonprofits, to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
About the Role
Do you have a passion for automation, building high performance technology, and sweating the details? Civis Analytics is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team!
At Civis Analytics, we're building a data science platform, making cutting-edge machine learning and predictive modeling techniques available to a broad audience. The DevOps team delivers, maintains, and evolves the infrastructure that makes all of this possible. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be a key player, helping us create scalable infrastructure-as-code using cutting edge tools. You should have networking and security experience, be familiar with cloud infrastructure, and DevOps best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related subject, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer/engineer
- Experience working with either AWS or GCP services such as compute, databases, VPCs, networking, permissioning and storage
- Experience with automation tools and configuration-as-code (CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, etc.)
- Comfortable with Python and Bash
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery services
- Experience with containerized code deployment
- Experience with networking concepts and protocols
- Interest and ability to master new technologies
- Experience managing large cloud infrastructures
- Experience scaling and ensuring reliability of large SaaS or PaaS applications
- Experience with orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes or Mesos
- Experience with security, systems, or application monitoring and metrics