About the Company
Have you seen how data can be used to significantly transform how decisions are made within organizations? At Civis Analytics, we believe that organizations need to build a “system” around data-based decision making in order to be competitive in the marketplace. And those that do will truly differentiate themselves. These systems incorporate people, data, technology, and science. Over the last four years, Civis Analytics has become the premier partner for organizations seeking to build those systems. We blend world-class data science talent with proprietary data and cutting-edge software to help companies solve their largest problems.
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
About the Role
As Director of Product over our Media Optimization and Attribution solution, you will provide the leadership needed to ensure the product management team supports the success of all Civis’s initiatives. In addition to managing all product managers, you will be responsible for the Civis digital offering, leading and developing a cross-functional team of contributors that brings digital solutions to market. As part of the leadership team, you will weigh in on the company-wide decisions that matter most to Civis’s success.
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy and vision in line with Civis’s long-term goal of helping organizations build systems for making data-driven decisions every day.
- Share ownership of the holistic view of the Civis product portfolio, containing products for both technical data scientists and business decision-makers; ensuring that our products work in an integrated manner and can meet the needs of multiple customer types and stakeholders.
- Drive launches, working collaboratively with software development, marketing, and sales teams to ensure promotional messaging aligns with the product strategy.
- Conduct analysis to understand the strengths and weakness of our current and potential competitors. Define competitive positioning and guide tech leads on what to build.
- Validate market on new opportunities.
- Partner with revenue teams to establish pricing strategy for all products.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to phasing out of the product(s) across all products/product lines.
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of product managers working on various products and solutions for both technical data scientists and business decision-makers.
- Assist product managers with the creation of clear and measurable KPIs, goals and objectives, each related to the creation and enhancement of timely, high-quality products that support business objectives. Monitor and evaluate results.
- Responsible for ensuring effective cross-functional collaboration.
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs to identify and fill product gaps, generate ideas to drive market share, improve user experience and generate revenue growth.
- Champion a customer-centric approach to products and services definition and development. Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Translate and communicate customer outcomes to help teams understand the impact of their work.
- Act as key evangelist serving as the public face of products with the press, market analysts, strategic partners, and other industry leaders. Conduct product demos and training as needed to educate organization about the products and features built.
- Commit to being a presence at a range of industry events including conventions, panels, and forums. Submit and present talks to establish the business leadership in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or analytical discipline or a related subject. Advanced degree preferred.
- 6 - 10 years experience in product management of enterprise business-to-business software, with 3+ years in the digital space.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing technologies including ad-servers (DoubleClick, OpenX, etc.), enterprise web analytics packages (Omniture SiteCatalyst, WebTrends, Google Analytics, etc.) demand side platforms (DBM, The Trade Desk, Sizmek, etc.), and data management platforms (Adobe Audience Manager, Oracle DMP, etc.)
- 3+ years experience managing product managers.
- Successful ownership of a technical product from introduction through launch and into maturity.
- Data-driven prioritization, strategy recommendations and decisions.
- Strong presentation and customer-facing social skills (written and verbal).
- Unexpected opportunities/challenges will occur. Ability to quickly assess situation and make decision.
- Experience working with engineering, design, sales, and marketing leadership.