About the Company
Are you a self-starter? Do you want to work where you can make an immediate impact? Civis Analytics is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team!
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies, and the country’s largest nonprofits, to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
About the Role
Do you have a passion for automation, building high performance technology, and sweating the details? At Civis Analytics, we're building a data science platform, making cutting-edge machine learning and predictive modeling techniques available to a broad audience. The DevOps team delivers, maintains, and evolves the infrastructure that makes all of this possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related subject, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with many AWS services (EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, IAM, etc)
- Experience with automation tools and configuration-as-code (CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Ansible, etc.)
- Comfortable with Python and Bash
- Adept at using Linux
- Familiarity with networking concepts and protocols
- Interest and ability to master new technologies
- Experience managing large AWS infrastructures
- Experience scaling and ensuring reliability of large SaaS or PaaS applications
- Experience with security, systems, or application monitoring and metrics
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery services
- Experience with containerized code deployment using Docker and Kubernetes