About the Company
Are you a self-starter? Are you passionate about getting progressive candidates elected to office? Do you want to work where you can make an immediate impact? Civis Analytics is looking for a Senior Applied Data Scientist to join our Political team!
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
About the Role
The Applied Data Science (ADS) Team is the advisory arm of Civis Analytics, working closely with companies, nonprofits, and campaigns to help solve their toughest challenges with data science. This role will be supporting clients in our Political vertical specifically. Everyone on the team plays a critical part of the project team and are expected to take leadership in understanding how to design and implement data science solutions for each client’s unique situation.
As a Applied Data Scientist in our DC office, you will structure hard problems, analyze large data sets, build predictive models, collaborate in cross-functional teams, create client materials, and ensure on-time progress and delivery of our projects. This role reports to an Applied Data Science Manager.
- Work with colleagues to structure complex client problems to be solved using imperfect data
- Enhances, finds patterns in, and builds predictive models on large data sets
- Maintain a continuous and independent education on cutting-edge statistical techniques and programming languages
- Develop and adhere to a quality control process
- Work with Applied Data Scientist Managers to derive clear, actionable, and timely insights from analyses
- Work with the Applied Data Scientist Managers to create presentations that are client-ready, clear, and correct
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject (political science, statistics, math, economics, physics, etc) or equivalent
- Proven affinity for and experience with working with large data sets
- Proven affinity for and experience with programming languages such as SQL, R, Python,STATA, etc.
- Experience framing analytics results within appropriate business context, and communicating these results to stakeholders at all levels
- Experiencing mentoring more junior members of a team
- Practical understanding of and experience with predictive analytics and machine learning