MobilizeAmerica is a volunteer management platform and network that enables activists, progressive organizations and Democratic campaigns to connect and win elections. This year, hundreds of campaigns will use our platform to manage their supporters, tapping into progressive partner audiences in the tens of millions. We’ve closed our pre-seed round and are quickly filling our seed round. Investors include: Higher Ground Labs, a leading progressive technology accelerator, Reid Hoffman and angel investors in Silicon Valley, DC, NY and LA.
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to drive the next iteration of our platform for progressive volunteers. We will be working with hundreds of campaigns this cycle, and millions of people will use our platform to take action: the need for a well-designed experience in a historically under-designed space is huge. As our first design hire, you will own the UI and UX of all our product surfaces, including our public-facing branded pages, our campaign dashboards, and our volunteer touch-points across multiple channels.
Skills and responsibilities
- Redesigning our existing volunteer surfaces to offer an engaging, highly converting experience
- Rapidly prototyping and evaluating new product ideas that can drive new growth and engagement for progressive campaigns and volunteer groups
- Crafting a unified design language for our product, while giving our organizations just the right amount of control over branding and expression
- Making our campaign dashboard an intuitive, delightful experience for a population with highly varying degrees of technical savvy
- Collaborating with our PM and campaigns team to user-test new features
- You have experience designing and maintaining products for real-world users
- You’ve worked closely with engineers to ship and iterate on a product
- You can create high-fidelity mocks and prototype interactions — ideally you don’t mind getting your hands dirty with some frontend code
- You’re not afraid of uncertainty, and are comfortable being opinionated but flexible in a high-paced startup environment.
- You are passionate about helping progressive causes