MobilizeAmerica is a volunteer management platform and network that enables activists, progressive organizations and Democratic campaigns to connect and win elections. This year, hundreds of campaigns will use our platform to manage their supporters, tapping into progressive partner audiences in the tens of millions. We’ve closed our pre-seed round and are quickly filling our seed round. Investors include: Higher Ground Labs, a leading progressive technology accelerator, Reid Hoffman and angel investors in Silicon Valley, DC, NY and LA.
As an early engineer on a small team, you’ll wear many hats and have significant ownership over product and engineering decisions, working closely with our CTO on product strategy and execution.
Skills and responsibilities
- Turning our core volunteer management platform into a self-service solution for campaigns and grassroots groups playing in the 2018 elections
- Building new features to help campaigns better acquire, engage, and retain volunteers throughout the election lifecycle
- Developing analytics pipelines and dashboards to help our clients understand the behavior of their volunteers and the performance of their organizers
- Adapting our campaign platform to also serve grassroots groups and individual volunteers
- Thinking up a growth experiment or five, and testing them in the lightest way possible
Our stack is Python/Django, Postgres and React running on Heroku and AWS.
- Deadline: n/a
- You’ve shipped quality products end-to-end. It’s cool if your specialty is on one end of the stack, but you’re comfortable getting your hands dirty wherever a product needs, and the end-user experience is crucial to you.
- You love immersing yourself in product decisions and communicating with nontechnical partners. Our core team comes from tech and business backgrounds, but we work closely with organizers and campaign staff to understand their needs and deliver tools that help them engage everyday people.
- You care deeply about empowering ordinary people for progressive causes. We’re a mission-driven company, and everything we do is guided by political impact. At the end of the day, we care about electing Democrats.
- You’re not afraid of uncertainty and aim to fail fast. We bring an ethos of experimentation to everything we build—you know it’s better to ship something early and learn than architect the perfect solution.
- You have at least three years of professional work experience.