San Francisco, CA.
Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the 21st century. Since 2011, we’ve worked with thousands of tech industry professionals to help over 100 state and local governments take a user-centered, iterative, and data-driven approach to solving problems. We believe that government services can and should be as good as the best consumer services: simple, accessible, and easy to use. And when they are, we spend less, get better outcomes, and serve everyone with dignity and respect.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate fundraiser to join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization to help secure millions of dollars of philanthropic revenue. You’ll report to the Senior Manager of Institutional Partnerships and work with a Development team of 6 to accomplish ambitious and exciting goals.
This is an incredible opportunity for a mid-career fundraiser to work with major institutional funders, grow and refine your fundraising skills, and make a meaningful contribution to an organization making a real difference in people lives.
In this position you will:
- Work with an amazing team to raise millions of dollars in order to help government work for the people who need it most.
- Be responsible for managing the grant reporting and proposal processes including: tracking and communicating process to all internal stakeholders for each project, managing deadlines, gathering data and content, and creating first drafts.
- Coordinate with finance department to gather required financial reports and documents needed for reports and proposals.
- Create and/or gather all report and proposal attachments including: financial information, letters of support, work samples, board lists, appendices, etc.
- Manage cultivation and stewardship plan including: support meeting prep, create decks, help with follow up, create and manage calendar of funder check-ins, touchpoints, invite funders to events, and draft correspondence.
- Manage research and prospecting process including: identifying potential foundation and corporate funders, researching and write briefs on foundations, corporations, program officers and foundation trustees; tracking program officers, key corporations and foundations - via social media, Google Alerts, etc; and reading Industry publications like Chronicle of Philanthropy, Inside Philanthropy, etc. and identifying relevant articles for the team.
- Manage all data including: coordinating with Development Coordinator to ensure all contacts, accounts, opportunities, and other relevant data is accurate and up-to-date
- Manage a portfolio of foundation and corporate accounts: managing relationships with key contacts, work with tech team to secure in-kind donations as requested, manage cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of corporate funders.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years institutional fundraising experience and grant report and proposal writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong process and project execution skills
- Highly organized with careful attention to detail
- Must be flexible and adaptable, and able to juggle competing priorities and last-minute deadlines
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships across teams and working collaboratively and thoughtfully
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with high standards of excellence
- Experience with Salesforce is desirable
Code for America offers full health and dental benefits, a 401k plan with matching funds and a culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
About Code for America
Founded in 2011, Code for America is a startup non-profit with a great culture and a huge opportunity to make a difference. We work collaboratively and agilely and strive to learn from everything we do. We respect each other, work hard, and have a great time together. We’re looking for individuals who share our vision, our values, and our willingness to do what it takes to achieve an ambitious mission over the next few years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Code for America values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, people with prior convictions, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.