This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is a great collaborator. This position will work across the organization to creatively and measurably broaden awareness of our programs, drive attendance at the annual Code for America Summit and advance our systems change priorities. You’re a marketing pro with a track record of developing omni-channel communications and marketing campaigns that deliver. Bonus points if you have a background in the nonprofit sector, political campaigns, or the social good space.
If you’re strong on combining strategy with flawless execution and want to work with passionate, committed, supportive, talented people who care about fixing some of the biggest challenges facing our country today, this may be the job for you.
The role reports directly to the Head of Marketing and is based in San Francisco, CA.
In this position you will:
- Develop and execute strategic marketing plans that advance the programmatic objectives and mission of Code for America.
- Content creation for internal and external communications, including but not limited to digital and print collateral materials, web content, event communications, and others as assigned.
- Research and analysis of existing and emerging program opportunities to be supported by marketing and communications strategies.
- Ensuring brand messaging, alignment and integration across all of Code for America’s programs, initiatives, and priorities, and assisting in rollout of new brand assets.
- Drive engagement in programs, tools, and resources across stakeholder groups.
- Manage and collaborate with Digital Marketing Manager and Content Manager to draft content for various platforms, events, initiatives, social media.
- Collaborate with the Data and Analytics Manager to ensure data is captured consistently, leveraged effectively, and used to inform decision making, recruitment, fundraising.
- Working closely with the Event Producer as the marketing manager in charge of driving awareness and attendance at the annual Code for America Summit.
- At least 3-5 years of marketing experience, preferably in a non-profit.
- Experience creating, implementing, and measuring online and traditional marketing outreach including social media, web, email, database, speaker placement, print.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, deadline driven, and able to manage multiple projects and engagement simultaneously. Experience managing vendors.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization and can anticipate issues proactively.
- Experience with audience segmentation and tailoring communications accordingly.
- Able to advocate for one’s ideas; and equally able to take constructive feedback.
- Proven track record of delivering results using through a user-centered, iterative, and data-driven approach.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to manage a diversity of stakeholders, including government partners.
Code for America offers full health and dental benefits, a 401k plan with matching funds and a culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
About Code for America
Founded in 2011, we are a startup non-profit with a great culture and a huge opportunity to make a difference. We work in cross-functional teams, collaboratively and agilely and value high-quality, user-friendly work product. We strive to learn from everything we do and regularly host talks from leaders in the civic technology movement. We respect each other, work hard, and have a great time together. We’re looking for individuals who share our vision, our values, and our willingness to do what it takes to achieve an ambitious mission over the next few years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Code for America values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
- Deadline: n/a