Callisto is a rapidly growing nonprofit tech startup that has created an online sexual assault reporting and documentation system that helps identify serial sexual predators. The system launched 2.5 years ago on 2 pilot college campuses, and has since grown to 13 colleges and an entertainment industry pilot. Reporting on participating campuses has doubled, assaults have been reported 3 times faster, and 15% of victims have matched with another victim of the same assailant (meaning they were informed that they weren't the only one and connected to the same investigator or legal advisor). In the next year, we will be rapidly expanding to address sexual assault and coercion in multiple industries, connecting victims of the same predator together and with legal support.
We are looking for talented and passionate engineer to join our Product Team and be part of working towards this mission. As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Callisto, you will be working at a fast-paced, non-profit tech startup to implement and support first-class technical infrastructure in order to solve a complex problem in the social justice, data security, and legal space. This position will be based in San Francisco.
Skills and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer, engineering and design team to innovate highly impactful products for survivors of sexual assault and harassment
- Architect and deliver secure, user-friendly and accessible products
- Execute Callisto’s data security and advanced cryptography strategy
- Debug and troubleshoot problems in complex systems
- Participate in product team activities, such as daily standups, user-centric product design, QA work, and project managementHelp create a world where sexual violence is rare and survivors are supported
- 5+ years of experience building and supporting production quality softwareHigh proficiency programming in front-end tools such as ReactJS or AngularJS
- Proficiency working with back-end tools such as NodeJS or Django
- Experience in building and shipping products with a data security focus
- Experience owning projects from end-to-end
- Working knowledge of relational databases and Git
- Experience working in cross-functional product development teams
- Comfortable working with a geographically-distributed software development team