Callisto is a rapidly growing nonprofit tech startup that has created an online sexual assault reporting and documentation system that helps identify serial sexual predators. The system launched 2.5 years ago on 2 pilot college campuses, and has since grown to 13 colleges and an entertainment industry pilot. Reporting on participating campuses has doubled, assaults have been reported 3 times faster, and 15% of victims have matched with another victim of the same assailant (meaning they were informed that they weren't the only one and connected to the same investigator or legal advisor). In the next year, we will be rapidly expanding to address sexual assault and coercion in multiple industries, connecting victims of the same predator together and with legal support.
San Francisco, CA.
Callisto is seeking a Development Associate passionate about Callisto’s mission. The Development Associate will work directly with all team members. They will report to the Operations Associate and will be responsible for executing a range of development duties, primarily including donor management and fundraising. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly detail oriented, well organized, and an effective communicator who is capable of responding to rapidly shifting priorities in a fast-paced start-up. This position is located in San Francisco.
Skills and responsibilities
Responsibilities - Donor Management:
- Enter gifts and donor data into The Raiser’s Edge database, soon to be transitioned to Salesforce Nonprofit Starter Pack
- Email acknowledgment letters to donors
- Respond to inquiries from current funders
Responsibilities - Fundraising:
- Conduct prospect research and maintain the prospective donor pipeline
- Draft LOIs, grant applications, and reports to funders
- Provide general support for fundraising activities
- Deadline: n/a
- 2+ years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising/development role
- Experience using Quickbooks and Salesforce
- A track record of excellence in managing multiple projects on different deadlines
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven success at grant-writing
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to work a varied schedule based on the needs of the team
- Strong familiarity with Google’s productivity suite - calendar, docs, sheets, email, etc
- Understanding of, and alignment with, Callisto's mission