Callisto is a rapidly growing nonprofit tech startup that has created an online sexual assault reporting and documentation system that helps identify serial sexual predators. The system launched 2.5 years ago on 2 pilot college campuses, and has since grown to 13 colleges and an entertainment industry pilot. Reporting on participating campuses has doubled, assaults have been reported 3 times faster, and 15% of victims have matched with another victim of the same assailant (meaning they were informed that they weren't the only one and connected to the same investigator or legal advisor). In the next year, we will be rapidly expanding to address sexual assault and coercion in multiple industries, connecting victims of the same predator together and with legal support.
We are looking for a part-time talented Communications lead who can take ownership over our written digital and print communications. You have strong written and verbal communications skills and can harness this moment in time and our recent press coverage to engage and build our online presence. You will work closely with a variety of team members including the Callisto Executive Team on a variety of strategic communications needs.
Skills and responsibilities
- Overseeing day-to-day social media activity, including posting on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram and managing paid advertising
- Managing reactive and proactive media relations and tracking coverage
- Drafting and sending monthly emails via Mailchimp
- Developing talking points and messaging frameworks
- Ensuring quality of all externally-facing communication
- Managing development, distribution, and maintenance of all copy in collateral including, but not limited to, press releases, on-campus educational materials, and the Callisto marketing website
REMOTE (PREFERABLY SAN FRANCISCO),CA
- 4+ years of communications experience, including working as the only communications person or on a small communications team
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Graphic design experience
- Marketing experience
- Experience working with remote teams