At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies, health plans, and self-insured employers, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Nuna’s Business Intelligence team is squarely aimed at shortening the distance between healthcare data and the “now what?” We build robust and scalable solutions that make it easy to derive insights from data, using comprehensive analytic front-ends and dashboards. We work hand-in-hand with our client partners and engineering teams, collaborating to help deliver products to our clients that have a positive impact on the way that healthcare works. Our mission is to transform healthcare data into meaningful action.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be responsible for turning data analytics into shipping products by developing front-end dashboards and views that make that data meaningful and actionable to users. You will take data tables designed for domain-expert analysts and turn them into point and click explorable insights for a wide variety of users, significantly increasing the data’s impact.
Skills and responsibilities
- Lead the work and direction of a team to build out Nuna’s front-end, SQL-based business intelligence tool for payers in the healthcare marketplace.
- Be responsible for the current and future architecture of Nuna's data presentation code across clients and business lines.
- Drive technical decisions regarding trade-offs in reliability vs. flexibility, implementation in our data pipeline vs. query-time, and the development of general vs. client-specific features.
- Partner with the engineering teams to plan platform improvements and better tooling (ex. automated testing).
- Liaise directly with Looker, the platform that powers our front-end tool, and advocate for new functionality.
- Develop processes for authoring design docs and their review, and actively drive design around core analytic functionality.
- Lead efforts to improve query performance and code readability.
- Develop and support engineering best practices (e.g. code review checklists, automated tests, development of a LookML style guide, etc.).
- Lead the LookML release process, ensuring reliability, predictability, and clear communication of changes.
- Guide and strengthen a team of developers by setting team priorities, allocating resources, and breaking down work into manageable tasks.
- Establish clear communication channels with other teams such as engineering, client services, and data operations.
- Deadline: n/a
- 5+ years of industry experience leading software engineers, data engineers, or analytic teams.
- Deep subject-matter expertise in SQL and relational databases.
- Ability to run multiple development efforts while coordinating with internal data science / product / engineering / operations teams, and external clients and partners.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience maintaining a high quality bar, particularly in an enterprise software or consulting environment.
- Experience with Looker or other SQL-based BI tools
- Experience with Google BigQuery or SparkSQL
- Experience working in the healthcare industry or with healthcare data