At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow humans. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies, health plans, and self-insured employers, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Join the Nuna Infrastructure Engineering team to be part of the solution to U.S. healthcare! Nuna’s Infrastructure Engineering team builds systems so that everyone can use, learn, and act. We architect and implement the underpinnings of the technology that enables data scientists, analysts, benefits officers, and policymakers to understand healthcare data while ensuring its integrity, security, and privacy.
San Francisco, CA.
Infrastructure Engineering covers not only the automation, configuration, and deployment of our continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline, but also ensures that our engineers and data scientists are empowered and effective by providing them with tools, test automation, and design expertise. We aspire to build systems that are resilient, automated, auditable, and responsive to our users needs. We strive for a creative, collaborative engineering environment that implements standard methodologies for peer review, readability, maintainability, and security of the code base and infrastructure.
Skills and responsibilities
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer supporting our government product, you will work closely with our security team, representatives from the federal government, and infrastructure engineers from other government contractors to build the next generation, infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipeline for our data analysis and analytics toolsets. As part of this role, you will:
- Lead from a technical architectural and project management perspective, and shepherd technical decisions to completion.
- Support the existing infrastructure for our production servers and data analysis pipelines and analytics toolsets.
- Evaluate our existing systems, and choose tools and develop software that follow government and industry best practices.
- Work with government representatives to obtain exceptions to the FedRAMP Authorized Products list, enabling us to experiment with technology/tools that benefit the project but have not yet been authorized for general government use.
- Design and implement robust, secure, abstracted systems that allow developers to simply and safely test speculative product changes using production-quality data.
- Provide metrics that allow us to identify areas for improvement and measure change.
- Ensure that our deployments are automated, frequent, secure, and without noticeable user impact.
- Work with our commercial Infrastructure Engineering team to establish cross-product standard methodologies for infrastructure engineering throughout the organization.
- 5+ years of infrastructure engineering experience with a clear understanding of industry and/or government best practices.
- Validated leadership, organization, and communication skills. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to prioritize tasks across multiple partners.
- Proficient administering Linux and ancillary services in a cloud computing environment.
- Experience executing design and implementation of automated systems which integrate security and resiliency.
- Proficient in at least one commonly used programming language, such as Python, Ruby, Go, or Java
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (such as debugging or object oriented design) and software engineering processes (such as agile software development, test driven development, or production incident response)
- Experience with compliance and security regulations (FedRAMP, HIPAA, SOC 2, etc) published by government entities with the ability to demonstrate to external contractors how projects and requests satisfy these requirements.
- Experience working with a distributed team of contractors.
- Interest or background in data analysis and processing and familiarity with data processing engines such as Apache Spark or Databricks.
- Track record of success shepherding projects using an agile development model.