The San Francisco Digital Services Team is transforming how residents interact with the city by building services designed around the people that use them. Led by the Chief Digital Services Officer, the team is comprised of product managers, designers, business analysts, developers, and content strategists. Four fundamental principles guide our task: put the needs of residents first, focus on delivery and outcomes over process, promote an agile and data driven culture, and make City services accessible to everyone. We have some exciting and high-profile products in our pipeline, including re-building the city’s website from the ground up, affordable housing applications, and registering new cannabis businesses.
We’re growing the digital services team that operates and iteratively improves the affordable housing service (housing.sfgov.org), as well as the Salesforce implementation used to manage larger affordable housing operations. Funded by the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD), the team is also part of the San Francisco Digital Services Team. Candidates must be ready to quickly get to work within a multi-disciplinary team. You’ll help improve the affordable housing application product, expand MOHCD’s digital services to meet additional needs of housing applicants, and also collaborate closely with the program team to rethink all service channels in order to streamline the applicant experience.
We are seeking an outstanding, experienced senior Salesforce developer and technical architect to help operate, improve, and expand the Salesforce implementation that is used to manage the workflow for the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development.
Skills and responsibilities
- Serve as the lead Salesforce engineer on a team with a product manager, designer, and full-stack web developer to manage, improve, and expand a department Salesforce implementation (including a Visual Force community and robust API functionality).
- Develop and maintain SFDC Visual Force pages, Apex classes & triggers, and integrations. Perform routine administration functions for Salesforce.com.
- Participate in a cross-functional team to address strategic business issues, including prototyping, feature prioritization, scrum meetings, code review, and architecture discussions. Help lead decisions about our development and deployment environments.
- Practice and enthusiastically share agile methodologies throughout all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Take pride of ownership in all projects you touch; leave code better than you found it. Contribute to documentation, tests, style fixes, accessibility, performance, security, etc.
- Deliver projects that are easy to deploy, update, and monitor by ensuring the tooling for this is present early in the project development cycle.
- Build, document and support Salesforce API endpoints for internal and external use.
- Support digital services, including occasional support outside of business hours.
- Write great technical documentation as we go, including training documentation and release notes.
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team. Use past experience and knowledge to mentor (and learn from) your peers in the department on Salesforce best practices.
- 2+ years experience building and shipping production Salesforce implementations, including APIs and Visual Force pages.
- Experience working in Agile development methodology. Believe in shipping early and often.
- System administration and configuration management skills.
- Experience of designing and maintaining public HTTP APIs.
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage.
- Love making things that serve users, understand a focus on both user and stakeholder needs.
- Demonstrated experience writing clear, well-tested code.
- Excited to be responsible for production systems
- Work well with a cross-functional team. Ability to collaborate with designers to rapidly prototype ideas.
- Certified Salesforce Developer / Administrator.
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites; building highly-reliable systems; and/or building products that connect to or integrate with legacy systems.
- Experience with development for mobile browsers, including understanding of the use of responsive web design and responsive front-end development for VisualForce pages.
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.