This organization educates the population on public health issues. It protects people, saves lives, promotes healthy living and educates us on emergency preparedness.
The Web Application Developer shall assist in the design, development, and implementation of systems to disseminate and promote collaboration, information exchange, and the use of public health data and information products through the Internet. Dissemination vehicles include website services and data visualization platforms.
Skills and responsibilities
- Develop and integrate web applications and databases with client’s internet and intranet sites.
- Prepare external documentation that describes the purpose of each program; outlines the major programming steps taken (including edits); lists the produced results; and notes the formats of the final files.
- Deliver any program code used to produce results as specified. The program code shall contain comments internal to the code structures that make the logic of the program code clear to anyone with basic programming knowledge.
- Develop, test, and update HTML pages on the client’s internet and intranet sites.
- Maintain quality control of web pages, PDFs, and PPTs to ensure that dissemination governance and Section 508 accessibility guidelines are met.
- Design visual analytics for both complex survey data and vital records through the use of platform agnostic visualization tools, including open source languages and tools.
- Run reports for obtaining information on web pages and correct any problems.
- Remediate PDF files to conform with client standards for Section 508 accessibility through use of Adobe Acrobat Professional and CommonLook by NetCentric
Hyattsville,MDNo travel required; work is to be performed on the client's site.
- Employees are required to be U.S. citizens to work onsite.
- Must have minimum of 4 years of college level education with a focus in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, and 5+ years of work experience in developing web pages and web-based products.
- Proficient in C#, Java.
- Experience integrating .NET applications with SQL Server, and integrating web APIs and Services into web applications.
- Experience with cloud-based development of visual analytics systems.
- Experience in agile or iterative development methodologies.
- Knowledge of accessibility principles and guidelines such as Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 is mandatory.
- Proficient in using Microsoft professional suite: SharePoint, Visual Studio, etc.
- Experience working in a contractor environment, preferably within a federal agency.
- Knowledge of C++ desired.