The City of Austin’s Web Applications group caters to the business needs of 40+ departments across the city building technological solutions that provide value to internal stakeholders and city residents. These applications include the City’s websites and interactive resident facing systems to secure public safety applications.
An ideal candidate would be someone who can assess the current technology application stack and make recommendations on a roadmap leveraging cloud infrastructure. The candidate would also be responsible for working with business partners – from evaluating requirements through system implementation and ongoing maintenance.
Skills and responsibilities
- Experience provisioning, operating, and managing cloud environments.
- Detailed understanding of and experience building server-side web applications and services using modern languages, frameworks, and open source software.
- Experience assessing legacy systems to identify opportunities for improved performance and the sustainability of future systems.
- Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies and practices.
$30.65-$39.74hourly, Pay Range : $30.65/hr – $39.74/hr
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years of related experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.