ThinkCERCA is an education technology startup that helps educators teach critical thinking through argumentative writing. Named a "game-changing" education t tool by Bill Gates, our product is proven to help students achieve two years of academic growth per year. We're on a mission to make these results a reality for all students across the country.
Work with a 20+ person Product Team made up of engineers, UI/UX designers, researchers, product managers, visual designers and QA analysts. Report directly to the VP of Product.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about education, passionate about building high quality software, works well with a team, and is interested in joining a fast-paced startup as a Product Manager to drive our product to the next level. Primary skills desired include previous experience interacting with customers, deriving and writing requirements, and working with technology to implement those requirements.
Skills and responsibilities
- Elicit requirements using interviews, analysis, requirements workshops, surveys and observations
- Interact with varied stakeholders to understand and refine requirements throughout implementation
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, translate high-level information into actionable details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the Product team
- Support alignment amongst a Product team made up of developers, designers, researchers and analysts throughout the entire life cycle
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to drive informed strategic product decisions
- Collaborate with the Product team and subject matter experts to develop to a product roadmap aligned with business strategy
- Improves the application by studying current competitive offerings and identifying how our application should evolve
- Knowledge of education or education technology
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Business Analyst or Product Manager
- Demonstrated success defining and helping launching successful digital products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Technical background, with experience in web based and mobile platforms
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong analytical and product skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of internal stakeholders
- Data-driven and analytical. Innate problem solver. Proactive in finding problems AND arriving at a variety of creative solutions
- Research oriented. Understand the importance of leveraging available product data as well as performing competitive analyses
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with remote team